Sunday 26 January 2020

The Merry Wives of Windsor William Shakespeare 1992


It's a bit like a good mathematical equation to read - going back and forth and up and down. 
But an equation filled with wit and banter.
Some good clean fun I would say. 



“Mistress Ford:
(…) What tempest, I trow, threw this whale,
With so any tuns of oil in his belly, ashore at
Windsor? How shall I be revenged on him? I
Think the best way were to entertain him with
Hope, till the wicked fire of lust have melted
Him in his own grease.” (Shakespeare, 1992, p.557).

“Mistress page:
(…) Well, I
Will find you twenty lascivious turtles, ere one
Chaste man.” (Shakespeare, 1992, p.557).

“Pistol:
Why, then the world’s mine oyster,
Which I with sword will open.” (Shakespeare, 1992, p.559).

“Sir John Falstaff:
Of what quality was your love, then?
Ford:
Like a fair house built on another man’s ground;
So that I have lost my edifice by mistaking the
Place where I erected it.” (Shakespeare, 1992, p.561).

“Sir John Falstaff:
What made me love thee? Let that persuade thee
There’s something extraordinary in thee.” (Shakespeare, 1992, p.566).

“Anne Page:
About, about;
Search Windsor Castel, elves, within and out:
Strew good luck, ouphs, on every sacred room;
That it may stand till the perpetual doom,
In ite as wholesome as in state ‘tis fit,
Worthy the owner, and the owner it.” (Shakespeare, 1992, p.579).

“Mistress Ford:
Sir John, we have had ill luck; we could never
Meet. I will never take you for my love again; but
I will always count you my deer.
Sir John Falstaff:
I do begin to perceive that I am made an ass.
Ford:
Ay, and an ox too. Both the proofs are exant.” (Shakespeare, 1992, p.580).

“Sir Hugh Evans:
And leave you your jealousies too, I pray you.
Ford:
I will never mistrust my wife again, till thou art
Able to woo her in good English.” (Shakespeare, 1992, p.580).

No comments:

Post a Comment